1. Welcome, guest! Register and then you can see our forums as well as you can use our |LZ| tag in our servers!

Overwatch

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Yolbe, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Yolbe

Yolbe Admin
    Admin

Hey ppl!

Anybody playing overwatch? If yes, add me to get carried by me :D

amir#2886

2. Morrolan

Morrolan Admin
    Admin Minecraft Admin

So it's a bit like TF2, it seems? :)

3. Yolbe

Yolbe Admin
    Admin

To be honest, it's alot like TF2 but waaaay more improved and better.

4. Morrolan

Morrolan Admin
    Admin Minecraft Admin

Cool. Might grab it then :D

5. Snelvuur

Snelvuur King of Sand
    Topcat LZ Staff

does it have a sentry? teleports? rocket jujmps?

6. Yolbe

Yolbe Admin
    Admin

Yes, yes and yes ;)

A normal Sentry lvl 1 which you can upgrade to lvl 2 and even to lvl 3 if you use your ultimate skill which lasts for like 30 seconds.

Teleporter is an ultimate skill from a supporter. This supporter can also build 6 little turrets which attacks enemies nearby.

Rocket jump is possible with the "soldier" (called "Pharra", since "Soldier 76" is an own class).
    You can also rocket jump a bit with Soldier 76 which is a typicall call of dity soldier with a grenade launcher attached to his weapon.

#6 Yolbe, Jun 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  7. Shadow

Shadow Topcat
    Topcat Minecraft Admin

Real quick notice @Yolbe
    It's "Soldier 76" not 67, fixed that for you.

There's quite a lot I could say about the game already.
    It's a weird mix of genres. FPS (TF) and something like a MOBA.

For more info on each of the chars.. https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/heroes/

You have (at the time of writing) 21 characters. Important is that they're all characters, not classes.
    Each one has a personality and role they fill.
    The role they fill can be classified as filling a specific class, but it really isn't if you think a bit.
    Every character currently does something different and is unique in how he/she is played.

It is very nice in the way the game is designed, everyone can find their role and fulfill it in a team setup. This however does not mean the game is for everyone. People that have issues with playing pugs (Pick up groups), the problem here persists. Majority of players decide to do their own thing and that can ruin your experience.
    However I've recently been more than successful at turning most of those around. Just keep a positive spirit and communicate, it is vital and blizzard does promote that highly. Try to eliminate the toxicity if you can, if you can't, don't fuel it, dodge it. Just leave game and find another.

The game isn't perfect, by far it isn't however, the game at it's current state is very very replay-able. It's overall fun. If you feel stressed over an extesive period of time playing it, take a break, you'll wanna play latter. Worthy notice is, it's much more fun if you get a friend or two in to play with you, or even a full team if possible. It feels much more in depth, you feel more committed (if you decide to play seriously).

Competitive should be coming out latter this month.

TL.DR: If you like(ed) TF(2) or similar game types, and/or MOBA style game like LoL/Dota(2)/Hots, this game is definitely worth taking a look into due to it having a lot of characters already in it, enough maps/modes to start off, and Blizzard has already said they'll be working on more, which there's many hints on a new character already, and people can see there can be a nearly infinite amount of maps due to the huge universe they've created.

Cutting this short there. Could talk about it for hours. ;)

8. DataStorm

DataStorm Registered

I liked TF2 more. At least there where different playstyles possible with each class there. In Overwatch I felt so confined within the class I played, for no bit of skill is any use to fill the gap in lack of teamplay on your side. I found voice comms cumbersome there. Basically I could only talk with the guy I was with (chride) and either nobody else was using voice, or it was not between all team members.

Didn't like it much. Maybe I'll try again, but don't think so.

9. Shadow

Shadow Topcat
    Topcat Minecraft Admin

@DataStorm , You may've had your settings for teamchat off. I've seen some people have it like that. I do hear people use voice coms every now and then, but it's not used always.

10. Matt

Matt Admin
    Admin

I for one am enjoying playing Overwatch (which is why I've been a bit inactive on the jump servers).

D. Va is my favourite heroine in which I managed to get a POTG with her today.

https://gfycat.com/ImpishSmugArieltoucan

11. Yolbe

Yolbe Admin
    Admin

You can find me playing alot with Mercy (one of the healer)
    I am more likely to be one of a supporter, but I play every character and am currently trying to master Genji (a crazy ninja with shuriken which is one of the hardest character to play with)

12. Zano0

Zano0 Registered

For some reason, I usually hate the games that people are hyped about.
    Naturally Overwatch is included to this list but also games like Fallout 4 and CS:GO also found their place in it :3

13. Yolbe

Yolbe Admin
    Admin

There has to be a reason why people are hyped about these games. You are just missing out alot of great games with this behaviour :/

14. Matt

Matt Admin
    Admin

Just managed to get a Junkrat POTG on Dorado as we pushed for the last point. The opposing team were sat in front of the payload with a turret. So I just used my mine and jumped behind them...used my ultimate and exploded 3 of the enemy team plus the turret...meaning we could safely push to victory!

Shadow likes this.
  15. Matt

Matt Admin
    Admin

So the Weekly Brawl is fun...

Made me play Bastion near the end of the round which resulted in this...

Shadow likes this.
  16. Shadow

Shadow Topcat
    Topcat Minecraft Admin

As Bastion the main thing you should remember is to re-position often, so people can't pin your location down and you keep having that element of surprise. Rest is a point and click adventure.

17. Matt

Matt Admin
    Admin

I never play him, I have like 11 minutes with him compared to other heroes.