1. Welcome, guest! Register and then you can see our forums as well as you can use our |LZ| tag in our servers!

So what should we do?

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Snelvuur, Jan 24, 2017.

?

Time to nuke most?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Snelvuur

Snelvuur King of Sand
    Topcat LZ Staff

At this moment i think shutting down is the next logical thing to do. With shutting down i mean, the point of this forum (except perhaps for trade?) is no longer in use as it was and doesn't surve a purpose anymore.

Same goes for the tf2 servers, i see surf and mge a couple of players, but thats about it. So i can just as well remove those too.

Teamspeak will remain, since that is the only place people still hang around.
    If nobody has objections, this will slowly be the change, starting with killing of the tf2 servers.

P.s. this does not mean we die, it just mean we don't see the need for it anymore, We do have a rust server, and a ark survival server which is getting more love too. But no active players means, shutting things down.

I payed for these servers for at least 5+ years and it was never a problem, but i don't want to waste money if it is not needed.

If you need to talk to me, find me on steam (assuming you have me as a friend) if not, then at least tell me whats about.

2. Shadow

Shadow Topcat
    Topcat Minecraft Admin

I don't wanna vote. I understand all the points and everything, but I'd rather not be voting in this case.. :(

3. Snelvuur

Snelvuur King of Sand
    Topcat LZ Staff

All good things come to a end, and like it or not i have always said that if i support something, it will be towards the end. Sadly it looks that for the most part that time has come. If we get 5 visitors on the forum, it will be a lot. Teamspeak/discord is more popular, everything is moving into the cloud/online too so is no longer required.

4. Zano0

Zano0 Registered

We just have to accept the fact that Lethal Zone has lost it's potential.
    There's no point to keep empty servers, shutting them down is a viable option.

Maybe someday more servers and more people will come to this community. Nothing will last forever.

5. Morrolan

Morrolan Admin
    Admin Minecraft Admin

Shutting down some of the game servers is certainly a sensible decision - community-run TF2 is all but dead.
    If some new game shows up which we all love, we can always try to get that one going. :)

Not sure about the forums - I also moved to Discord, but it'd be a shame for all the legacy information buried here. Maybe leave it running on a tiny box? :)

6. Snelvuur

Snelvuur King of Sand
    Topcat LZ Staff

well i dont have to kill the forums, its only a xenforo license, but its a shame since i have to buy 2.. trade and this one. We would suffice with a simple wordpress with disqus comments..

7. antou(fr)

antou(fr) Registered

We all knew this was coming eventually, but it's still sad to see it happen. Many thanks Snelvuur and the rest of the staff for all your work throughout the years ! :):):)

Snelvuur likes this.
  8. Blazeick

Blazeick Registered

I have some few ideas first we need to get the message of these servers being out here i love rocket jumping server as there is many nice people on it but please add in Engi again it was the best D: also add in more directions to go even harder puzzels and more secrets :D

9. Killvion

Killvion Staff
    LZ Staff Admin

It's been 9 years since I started playing on Lethal-Zone All Maps 1 24p and Fast Respawn 2Fort 32p. Everything is different now, including my participation and interest in (these) games. It seems to be the most sensible decision indeed. Who knows what the future might bring, maybe a Candy Crush 5 Multiplayer will revive the old days in a few years from now.

10. Snelvuur

Snelvuur King of Sand
    Topcat LZ Staff

I am thinking of nuking most servers, removing the forum (perhaps placing it read only, but more for the trade reports) then just put a place holder, like "find teamspeak here, discord is that" friends are here and there. We still sit on discord and teamspeak, we just don't need a forum/tf2 anymore